Almonds are a great on-the-go snack that contain tons of healthy fats and a good amount of fibre and protein.
Nuts have also been linked to decreased abdominal fat storage.
Now you can enjoy them with a kick of metabolism-boosting spice and a satisfying sweet taste all at once!
- 2 1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook honey and water with olive oil, stirring until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add almonds to the honey mixture; toss to thoroughly coat each almond.
- Transfer nuts to the sugar mixture; toss to coat almonds thoroughly. Cool in a single layer.
Nutrition content per serving:
- 195 calories
- 11g carbohydrate
- 3.5g fibre
- 6g protein
- 15g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 291mg sodium