Sports massage is an ideal prevention or treatment modality for people involved in competitive sport, any high volume physical activity or building up from chronic or acute injuries.
Our MASSAGE THERAPISTS have over 8 years of massage experience and an in-depth knowledge of human anatomy, biomechanics and common injuries.
He uses the principles of exercise, biomechanics and manual therapy to effectively and safely treat problem areas.
What are the benefits of a Sports Massage?
- Strains and sprains
- Tendon, ligament & muscle injuries
- Swimmer’s shoulder pain
- Cycling injuries
- Running injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
- Joint related pain and dysfunction
- Neck or back ache
- Carpal tunnel
- Other musculoskeletal dysfunctions.
What conditions can be treated with Sports Massage?
- Reduces – muscle fatigue, tension, and swelling
- Maintains – range of movement, and retrain muscles to avoid redeveloping chronic tension
- Relieves – muscle soreness, stress and tension that builds up in deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues
- Prevents – injury
- Improves – performance recovery time, immune system, quality of posture, muscle balance, and healing of scar tissue, ability to perform at maximum efficiency.
How can a Sports Massage help me perform at my best?
Sports massage is widely used to achieve maximum performance for athletes or people involved in competitive events.
- Before event
Improve warm up. Stimulate muscles, increase circulation, enhance flexibility and range of motion, reduce muscle pain soreness, and prevent injury.
- Post event
Help muscles to return to natural state. Circulation increased to help relieve muscle soreness, reduce fatigue and remove toxins to assist in reducing recovery time after training or competition.
Assist in keeping you in optimal physical condition.
What can you expect in a Sports Massage session?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your session to complete a form. We’ll discuss your concerns, do a physical assessment, then go ahead with treatment.
We’ll discuss your concerns, do a physical assessment and then go ahead with treatment.
Our Sport Massage Therapist will explain the treatment required, and ensure you are comfortable before using any combination of the following:
- Neuromuscular therapy
- Trigger point therapy
- Longitudinal gliding
- Deep transverse frictions
- Compression massage
- Cross fiber massage
- PNF stretching
- Myofascial release
- Dry needling (Therapist has specific qualifications and all needles are sterilised)
- Active and static Cupping.
Massage oil (hypoallergenic) will be used where relevant. We aim to provide you with the best possible treatment and management tailored to your specific condition.