About Remedial Massage
Remedial Massage is a form of deep massage therapy that helps to relieve pain and promote healing of damaged soft tissues such as tendons and muscles.
The treatment goes straight to the source of the problem and alleviates both the cause and symptoms. Through special techniques, the body’s own healing mechanism is stimulated to bring about healing.
Benefits of Remedial Massage
Massage stimulates the blood supply and removes toxins which encourages healing.
Physical benefits of Remedial Massage
- Reduced muscle tension
- Improved posture (by removing tensions that affect posture)
- Eases stiffness and soreness
- Reduced stress
- Better mental alertness
- Deep relaxation and a feeling of well being
- Improvement in the health and nourishment of your skin
- Flexibility and ease of movement
- Encourages healing, particularly faster healing of soft tissue injury and a decrease in pain and swelling from injury.
Remedial Massage has also been effective in treating a variety of disorders.
- Back or neck pain
- Sprains and strains
- High blood pressure
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic pain
Remedial Massage Techniques
OUR REMEDIAL MASSAGE THERAPISTS are specifically trained in physiology and understands the body’s mechanics. They use techniques including:
- Myofascial release
- Deep traverse friction and trigger point therapy
The techniques used depends on your needs and comfort level – they will assess your needs and discuss which combination of techniques will most help you.
Oil is applied directly to the skin during the massage (safe for allergies / eczema).
When selecting a Remedial Massage Therapist, it is important that the person is qualified to safely treat clients. The therapists are all:
- Accredited member of the Australian Association of Massage Therapists (AAMT)
- Qualified Dry Needling Therapist
- Qualified Advanced Cupping
- Currently studying a Myotherapy course.