We have had some requests for a healthy chicken dish. Well you can’t beat a delicious and easy dish that combines chicken and vegetables!
- Skinless chicken thighs – as many as required
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (to taste)
- 2-3 diced onions
- 2-3 sticks of celery, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 2-3 parsnips diced
- 1 chilli diced (to taste if required)
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 500 ml chicken stock (or salty water).
Dice vegetables to the same size for consistency.
- Wash and dry the chicken thigh with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on them for taste.
- Put some olive oil in a large pan, heat the pan, and once hot enough seal the thighs on all sides until lightly brown. The chicken does not have to be cooked all the way through. Once sealed place the chicken in a large baking dish.
- In the same pan, brown the onions.
- Place the rest of the vegetables in the pan, stir continuously until warm all the way through and the vegetables are mixed.
- Add the cup of dry white wine into the pan and continue cooking for a minute to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir through until simmering.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Take the pan with the vegetables off the heat and pour over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil and place the baking dish in the oven for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is soft and cooked all the way through.
- Take out of the oven and serve with a side of sweet potato mash or brown rice.