Pork is a great source of protein that is low fat and packed with nutrients such as vitamins B12 and niacin, and minerals such as zinc and magnesium. This easy recipe makes a healthy and tasty meal.
- 6 pork loin chops (boneless, trim fat)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Capsicums (1 red & 1 green) (sliced)
- 12 Mushrooms
- Soak skewer sticks in water (to prevent burning later).
- Mix garlic, vegetable oil, honey and soy sauce.
- Marinate pork chops for 2 hours (or 10 minutes if you don’t have time).
- Skewer onion, capsicum, and mushrooms onto sticks, using each ingredient at least twice.
- Grease and pre-heat a grill pan or outdoor bbq.
- Cook the pork chops over medium-high heat for approx 5-6 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of the pork). Make sure the centre is no longer pink but be careful not to overcook.
- Cook the skewers for 10 minutes, turning as it cooks on each side.
Enjoy with mashed potato or on its own.[fbshare] [twitter]