Emma Duff, Beyond Fitness client and chef-by-trade, brings you this recipe for an energising, healthy start to the morning.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups uncle tobys quick oats
- 3 cups milk
- 1 green apple
- 5g cinnamon
- 5g almonds slices
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tsp honey
- Rinse quinoa then combine with 3 cups of water in a pot on a medium – high heat.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cover for approx. 10 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Set aside.
- In another pot, heat milk and 4g of cinnamon until it comes to a boil.
- Add oats and stir for a few minutes until soft.
- Add quinoa (if a little dry, add a little more milk until you get a porridge consistency).
- Grate the apple and roughly chop the strawberries.
To serve: Spoon quinoa and oats in a bowl, top with apple and strawberries, drizzle with a little honey and a touch of cinnamon and almonds. Enjoy!
Have you got a great winter warmer recipe? Email us for our next newsletter.